Episode 36: Using PR for Business Development, with Don Beehler.
Don Beehler has worked with news media from local to international levels and has won numerous professional awards throughout his career. He also has co-authored or ghostwritten three books for clients and has a blog called The Art of Telling Your Story.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The dramatic changes PR has seen over the years
- How agencies can use PR as a strategic tool to drive new business
- How to determine what stories to pitch
- Ways you can become discoverable so that reporters can find you
- The kind of news that is truly newsworthy for agencies
- Why you shouldn’t think about using PR with the expectation that people will write stories about your agency
- How agencies can get the right kind of attention
- Incorporating PR into your business plan
- How to correctly use PR in relation to speaking engagements
- How to use Google Alerts to capitalize on PR opportunity
- The steps to take right away to boost your PR
The Golden Nugget:“Never underestimate the value of being one of several experts in a story.” – @donbeehler Click To Tweet