Simon Thompson is the founder of Content Kite, a content marketing company that helps digital agencies increase their quality and number of leads through content marketing.
Simon has held content marketing roles for some of the largest digital publishers in Australia such as Mi9 (Microsoft + Ch9), Daily Mail, and MTV. He’s worked on content projects for major global brands such as L’Oreal, Nissan, BMW, Adidas, Disney, and Mondelez, to name a few.
Whilst he was in a good place in his publisher roles in Australia, the entrepreneurial bug eventually took hold, and he decided to go out on his own and start Content Kite. He now runs Content Kite full-time and hasn’t looked back.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Keeping your content interesting and on topic for the problems your customers need solving
- Focusing all your content so it moves toward the same goal
- Optimizing your content to collect email addresses and then regularly engaging with those people
- How to effectively repurpose content across multiple mediums
- The frequency which you must create content
- Why you need to spend as much time promoting a piece of content as you do creating it
- Influencer outreach: how to actually get people to share your content by positioning them as authorities
- Tools for mapping out your editorial calendar
- Why you must share a piece of content more than once
- How Content Kite works with agencies to create amazing content
The Golden Nugget:“You need to spend as much time promoting a piece of content as you do creating it.” – Simon Thompson Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Simon Thompson:
- Free 7 Day Email Course: contentkite.com/baba
- Study of agency’s blogging frequency:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!