For 95% of all agencies, referrals and word of mouth are the #1 method of gaining new clients. On the one hand, that’s great. It means your clients, friends, and peers love and trust you enough to introduce you to their friends and colleagues.
Unfortunately, they’re not always the right clients for our agency. What if they aren’t a good fit? What if they are the furthest thing from a sweet-spot client for who you are and what your agency does? We have to be more intentional about referral and word of mouth.
That’s why my conversation with Steve Gordon arrived right on time. Steve has developed processes and systems that you can use to leverage word of mouth, qualify referrals, and scale your efforts so you don’t have to spend more time in one-on-one meetings than you have hours in your already stretched-to-the-limit day.
Steve Gordan started the Unstoppable CEO in 2010. He has invested nearly two decades into studying, implementing, testing, and proving the strategies that work to sell professional services.
Through Unstoppable CEO, Steve shares this knowledge with growth-minded professionals who are ready for world-class help with their marketing. He has become an expert at leveraging and scaling referral systems and word-of-mouth marketing techniques.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to leverage your word of mouth and referrals
- Why you must vet referrals to ensure they are a good fit for your agency
- How to use presentations as referral machines
- The many ways to leverage technology in gaining referrals
- Why human nature creates points of interaction that don’t change over time
- How to become a successful journalist
- How to turn podcasts into referral engines
- What it means to gain total business freedom