Are you ready for some fresh company Christmas party ideas? Most agency owners feel kind of blah about their agency’s annual holiday party. They spend a lot of money on it but don’t really feel like their employees really appreciate or look forward to it.
Of course, when I ask them what they do, they sheepishly say “well, we have a nice dinner.”
Come on people — you own an agency. Surely you can get more creative than that! Here are some company Christmas party ideas that Agency Management Institute’s agencies have implemented over the years. All of these could be augmented with food and drinks, if you want.
Remember — just because you love a fancy meal doesn’t mean it’s the only or best way to celebrate the season. If you have a lot of millennials on your team — they might like something with a charitable bent or something more casual.
Why not mix things up with one of these Christmas party ideas?
- Give all of your employees $200 and take them to a local or specialty mall. Give them 2 hours to buy themselves something that they think Santa won’t put under the tree. Then, gather for lunch/dinner and everyone has to show what they bought (You can add a secret santa or charity twist too)
- Touring a winery/doing a tasting
- Adopting a family together and then delivering all the food/gifts together (and then usually going out to dinner afterwards)
- Having a party at one of those pottery/do it yourself art studios and everyone gets a set amt to choose an item to paint/fire etc.
- Renting a Hummer limo and doing a light tour (with snacks/champagne/hot chocolate in the limo or dinner afterwards)
- Ringing Salvation Army bells together and then doing dinner
- Going to a casino — everyone gets $100. Person with the most money in 3 hours wins a prize
- Adopt a charity and participate in their holiday event for the community they serve (could be anything from an animal shelter to a children’s hospital)
- Do a day of service together
- Catered board game party (bring in caterers to serve food/drink) and play old fashioned board games
- Karaoke party
- Break up into teams — do a scavenger hunt for prizes
- Caroling/Cookies at a nursing home and then dinner out
I’d love to hear your successful company Christmas party ideas. Will you share?