We know lots of people who will tell you what they think you want to hear. We promise to tell you what you need to hear. With respect but also with clarity.
We talk with agency consulting clients about questions like these every single day. It’s a core part of what AMI is all about.
- We’re busy so why aren’t we making more money?
- How can I structure a buy out by my employees who don’t actually have the money to buy my agency?
- Our production system is clunky and error ridden. How can we fix it?
- My client is asking us to modify our billing procedure. Should we?
- My employee did X, Y or Z. What should I do?
- How much is my agency worth? And…how much would someone pay for it? (Not always the same answer)
- We’re still billing by the hour. How do we transition our agency to value pricing?
- I don’t seem to have the same passion for the business anymore. Is it time to hang it up?
- We have a shot at a huge piece of business. How can we stand out in the pitch?
Consulting is the business of providing insight and advice to agencies in trouble; agencies on the move and agencies that are trying to do what they do better, faster, and more cheaply.
As we all know (because you do it every day with your clients) consulting is a blend of:
- Asking smart and rarely asked questions
- Listening carefully to answers and asking even harder questions
- Having a depth of industry knowledge and expertise & the data/insight that comes with that
- Being outside the bottle so you have an unbiased perspective
- Being willing to call a spade a spade
That’s how we work at AMI.
The essence of our agency consulting is to help you shine the light on whatever problem you’re facing…so you have the facts. Once everyone can see the salient truths — we use both our own 30+ years of agency ownership, our owner peer network experience and our access to how it works in agencies all over the world to provide you with advice and options.
Our mission is to think, analyze, brainstorm, cajole and challenge good organizations to become even better by adopting new ideas. By being the outsider with insider insights and experience — we’re able to step into ambiguous, sometimes hostile situations and sense what changes need to be made within your agency.
We’ve worked with every aspect of agency infrastructure, from refining new business models and organizations, and financial management strategies, to developing new operating systems and procedures. We’ve also partnered with a number of subject matter experts in law, finance and other aspects of running a business and can call on them to join the team when necessary.
We provide agency consulting services in two formats — remote (phone/Skype and email) or onsite. You can buy remote counsel/consulting by the hour and our minimum on-site engagement is one full day at your agency with phone and email follow up.
The initial phone call is on us. Work following our conversation will be priced based on the scope of work.