Most agencies do not have a reliable sales strategy. They either rely on referrals or they employ what I call the feast or famine methodology. Neither strategy actually delivers consistent, profitable prospects or new clients. There’s a new, better way to sell for agencies. I’m a huge believer in an agency owning a position of authority and using it to make sales easier, faster and more profitable. That’s why Stephen Woessner and I wrote a book on the subject! And it’s why I wanted to invite Michelle Prince onto the podcast.
Michelle is a best-selling author, public speaker, self-publishing expert, and CEO/Founder of Performance Publishing Group. She offers a unique perspective on thought leadership to agency owners who are looking to establish a position of authority within their niche. She believes that authoring a book is the strategy of choice.
In fact, Michelle says, “you can’t spell authority without ‘author,’” and while writing a book is certainly not the only way to build your thought leadership position, it is a very effective option. In this episode of Build a Better Agency, Michelle shares her process for becoming an authority by focusing on authorship and publishing as a means of bringing significant value to your audience.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- What being an authority looks like and how to get there
- How Michelle’s experience working for Zig Ziglar shaped her approach to building authority
- The power of putting yourself out there as the subject matter expert
- Why writing a book can help build your thought leadership and establish your position of authority
- Why you have to claim your authority no matter how many agencies do what you do
- How to leverage the power of authority
- Why backstory is so important in the digital age
- How to build your entire thought leadership platform off of a book
- How you can use your thought leadership platform to generate multiple revenue streams
The Golden Nuggets:“People will throw away your business card, but they will never throw away your book.” @motivateinspire Click To Tweet “If you want to serve (and that’s all business is), you have to put yourself out there in a way that people want to listen to you. The reality is—people want to listen to the expert!” @motivateinspire Click To Tweet “There is so much power in putting yourself out there as the subject matter expert, and having a book makes it even better.” @motivateinspire Click To Tweet “The power of authority is taking what you’re already putting out there and organizing it in a way that you can leverage.” @motivateinspire Click To Tweet “Now that everything is digitized, your backstory is extremely important because it gives you authenticity and makes you human.” @motivateinspire Click To Tweet
Ways to contact Michelle Prince:
- Free Book: http://www.ThePowerofAuthority.com/freebook
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MichellePrinceSpeaker/
- Twitter: @motivateinspire