Chantell Glenville is the author of “What Clients Really Want (And The S**t That Drives Them Crazy)” the first ever book on how to create great client/agency relationships written by an ex-client. Winner of the WACL Future Leader’s Award 2013, Chantell has worked at some of the UKs top creative communications agencies such as AMV BBDO, VCCP, and Dare as well as client-side at Vodafone, a multinational teleco.
Her experience both client and agency-side has given her a unique insight into the situations and behaviours that can really break client/agency relationships or make them excellent. Chantell has worked with and for agencies with varying specialties and on a broad range of clients; from international blue chips such as Johnson & Johnson, Barclaycard, Molson Coors, and Henkel through to high profile UK and pan-European accounts.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Things agencies do over and over that drive clients crazy
- The small behaviors that break apart relationships
- What agencies don’t know about the world clients live in
- The complexity of the structure of clients’ systems
- How agencies can help clients manage the revision process
- Why you need to know more than one person inside your client’s company (and get to know them face-to-face)
- The working hour differences between agencies and clients
- Why you should never overpromise and underdeliver
- The two things that create great agency-client relationships
- Why attention to detail is so important for agencies
- How to get to the top of a client’s to-do list
- Reasons clients will fire agencies (and why they never want to do that)
- Things agency owners can do right now to help their account executives improve agency-client relationships
The Golden Nugget:“Agencies get fired because of a breakdown in the relationship.” – @chantellglenvi Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Chantell Glenville:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!