David J.P. Fisher (D. Fish) is a speaker, coach, and best-selling author of 7 books including the best-selling “Hyper-Connected Selling: Winning More Business by Leveraging Digital Influence and Creating Human Connection” and “Networking in the 21st Century: Why Your Network Sucks and What to Do About It.” Building on 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur and sales professional, he combines nuanced strategy and real-world tactics to help professionals become more effective, efficient, and happy. He helps them understand the new landscape of Hyper-Connected Selling, where social media, networking, and old-school sales and communication skills are the key to providing value and staying relevant. He lives in Evanston, IL – next to a huge cemetery which helps him appreciate the value of every day.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why you can’t rely on referrals for new business
- Networking: why it’s relational — not transactional
- How to build your network so it’s stronger and serves your business better
- Why size matters in your network — and why not every connection has to be a strong one
- Leveraging the social capital you create and making the ask at a time where you don’t come off as desperate
- How to build and nurture relationships
- Why young professionals really need to work on building their network
- The power of the one-on-one and taking the opportunity to build deep relationships with people
- Making sure social media is actually in service of your network building
- Why the way we sell has to change in response to the change in the way people buy
- How to sell by being the expert and guiding people through the information they already have
- Using thought leadership to position yourself to be the one people turn to for help
- Why you should aim to be a micro-influencer for a specific niche instead of trying to influence a broad topic (like marketing, PR, digital, etc.)
The Golden Nugget:“Networking is not a linear process. It’s not transactional -- it’s relational.” – @dfishrockstar Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact David Fisher:
- Website: davidjpfisher.com
- Twitter: @dfishrockstar
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/iamdfish
- Books: www.amazon.com/David-J.P.-Fisher/e/B00SF5CXQQ/
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!