Drew McLellan is the Top Dog at Agency Management Institute. For the past 21 years, he has also owned and operated his own agency. Drew’s unique vantage point as being both an active agency owner and working with 250+ small- to mid-size agencies throughout the year, give him a unique perspective on running an agency today.
AMI works with agency owners by:
- Leading agency owner peer groups
- Offering workshops for owners and their leadership teams
- Offering AE bootcamps
- Conducting individual agency owner coaching
- Doing on-site consulting
- Offering online courses in agency new business and account service
Because he works with those 250+ agencies every year — he has the unique opportunity to see the patterns and the habits (both good and bad) that happen over and over again. He has also written two books and been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Fortune Small Business. The Wall Street Journal called his blog “One of 10 blogs every entrepreneur should read.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The things we say about our agencies that make them all sound the same
- The terms every agency uses to describe themselves
- Why you can’t say you’re good at everything
- Finding clients that are the right fit
- Understanding who you are as an agency
- The benefits of defining your “why”
- Remembering that hiring your agency is a huge risk for the person making that decision and what you can do to alleviate that person’s fears
- An example: how my agency McLellan Marketing Group defines itself
The Golden Nugget:
Click to tweet: Drew McLellan shares the inside knowledge needed to run an agency on Build a Better Agency!
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Drew:
- Email: [email protected]
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!