Drew McLellan is the Top Dog at Agency Management Institute. For the past 21 years, he has also owned and operated his own agency. Drew’s unique vantage point as being both an active agency owner and working with 250+ small- to mid-size agencies throughout the year, give him a unique perspective on running an agency today.
AMI works with agency owners by:
- Leading agency owner peer groups
- Offering workshops for owners and their leadership teams
- Offering AE bootcamps
- Conducting individual agency owner coaching
- Doing on-site consulting
- Offering online courses in agency new business and account service
Because he works with those 250+ agencies every year — he has the unique opportunity to see the patterns and the habits (both good and bad) that happen over and over again. He has also written two books and been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Fortune Small Business. The Wall Street Journal called his blog “One of 10 blogs every entrepreneur should read.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- A CPA I recently met in San Diego who built his life around being able to go surfing every day
- An exercise a coach I had about 10 years ago would put me through so that I would envision my future as if it had already happened
- Why my life would not look like it does today if 10 years ago I had not visualized what I wanted it to look like today
- Why it’s okay if everything doesn’t play out exactly the way you visualize
- How to do the Reporter Exercise my coach gave me (linked below)
The Golden Nugget:“No one on this planet has a better shot to build the exact life that they want than you do.” – @DrewMcLellan Click To Tweet “Do you even have any idea what your ideal life looks like? The time to figure it out is now.” – @DrewMcLellan Click To Tweet “Get really clear about what your dream is and then put a plan in place to slowly get there.” – @DrewMcLellan Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Drew McLellan:
- Email: [email protected]
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!