Greg Verdino is a highly regarded authority on “the digital now.” He is known for his uncanny ability to get ahead of trends, spot the difference between fads and the future, and apply his understanding of the rapidly changing global landscape to solve pressing business challenges.
Greg’s perspectives have been shaped by more than 25 years spent working at the forefront of change, during which time he has advised hundreds of organizations including more than 50 of the Fortune 500; has served in senior leadership positions at a half-dozen technology start-ups; and has launched innovative products, lines of business, and divisions from within traditional companies. Through his work speaking, writing and consulting on digital strategy, transformation and innovation, he helps business leaders build thriving 21st century companies.
Greg is also managing partner and chief strategist at VERDINO & CO, the consultancy he started with his wife to help companies create the content-driven digital experiences their customers demand.
Before VERDINO & CO, he was Executive Vice President at social business firm Dachis Group, where he worked with clients including BIC, Citibank, Fidelity, GE, Michaels Stores, Nestle and others to formulate and execute best-in-class digital strategies. He joined Dachis Group (now Sprinklr) through its acquisition of crayon, the social media consultancy at which he served as Chief Strategy Officer and in which he was the second largest shareholder. Previously he was digital strategist and head of emerging channels for Digitas, and served in media, marketing, sales and general management roles at ROO Group (now Piksel), Akamai Technologies, Arbitron, Wunderman, and Saatchi & Saatchi.
Greg is the author of microMARKETING: Get Big Results by Thinking and Acting Small (McGraw-Hill, 2010), and a contributing author to Reinventing Interactive and Direct Marketing (ed. Stan Rapp, McGraw-Hill, 2009). Throughout his career, he has served as a go-to expert for a wide range of media outlets including Advertising Age, Bloomberg Business, CNN, Cablevision News12, Fox Business, Investor’s Business Daily, the New York Times, Newsday, and the Wall Street Journal. He has given speeches, led panel discussions and facilitated workshops at more than 100 corporate and association events throughout North America, in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
He lives on Long Island with his wife, tween daughter, baby boy, and the world’s most disobedient cat.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What has changed since the beginning days of when agencies began to do social
- Why content needs to expand past “content marketing” and must be infused into every single interaction inside and outside your organization
- How to help clients understand the value of content
- The importance of analytics and content metrics that Greg uses with clients
- Why Greg and his wife decided to go it on their own instead of taking positions inside other agencies
- How Greg differentiates his agency from other agencies
- How Greg has been able to recognize trends that matter and ignore the ones that fade
- Tips and tricks for getting everything done that you want as an agency owner
- The shift from pipeline business to platform businesses
- Why it’s so important for agency leaders to stay on top of trends
- Why small agencies are often the best at adapting to change
- The rules that agency owners should never break
The Golden Nugget:“Change happens at an exponential rate.” – @gregverdino Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Greg Verdino:
- Twitter: @gregverdino
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/gregverdino
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/gregverdino
- Personal website: www.gregverdino.com
- Agency website: www.verdino.co
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!