Joe Pulizzi is the founder of Content Marketing Institute which is now a UBM company. It is the leading education and training organization for content marketing, which includes the largest in-person content marketing event in the world, Content Marketing World. Joe is the winner of the 2014 John Caldwell Lifetime Achievement Award from the Content Council. Joe’s fifth book “Killing Marketing” was just released. His third book, “Epic Content Marketing” was named one of “Five Must-Read Business Books of 2013” by Fortune Magazine.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The evolution of content marketing
- Focusing on your core verticals to help clients out with some part of the process that they’re terrible at
- How agencies can help clients build an audience of people that knows, likes, and trusts them and how that has a large impact over time
- Why elevating someone to the status of an expert with content marketing is a long-term process
- Focusing on clients that already value and have a budget for content marketing
- How delivering value to prospects on a long-term basis will all you to do business with them without going through an RFP
- How getting your audience to know, like, and trust you with content marketing will allow you to sell easily
- Some of the many different ways to monetize your customer list
- Changing the defined idea of marketing to match consumer behavior
- Why you can’t be everything to everybody and need to focus on a niche
- Why your sliver of opportunity to get started in on a niche is right now
The Golden Nugget:“There is no niche that is small enough.” – @JoePulizzi Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Joe Pulizzi:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!