When I think about this episode, it’s all about voice but not just in the way that you might first assume.
Stephen Woessner and I taught a workshop together in January called Creating Content that Creates Revenue. One of the big themes from that workshop was the idea that most agencies really haven’t defined their distinct point of view. I did a whole solocast on that that really does a deep dive on the topic. But it’s really all about finding your agency’s unique voice and weaving that through all of your content, your website, your new business decks, and your agency’s work.
The second way you can see the theme of voice in this podcast is in the idea of using content as the Trojan Horse of sales, as my guest Stephen coined the phrase. When you give your prospective client a voice through your cornerstone content (podcast, book, video series, blog, etc.) by putting the spotlight on them as a guest or subject matter expert, you can leverage that invitation to create a relationship with them that they’d never welcome if you were just trying to sell them something. Giving them exposure and a voice is the door opener that actually gets them to be interested in you and how you work.
I believe this is one of the most effective and least exploited sales techniques in our space and the agencies who master it will be several steps ahead of their competitors. It completely changes the landscape of the relationship you have with prospects.
Finally, we explore the idea of voice from a channel perspective. Voice controlled devices are becoming very mainstream and there are some huge opportunities for agencies in that space. We explore some of the possibilities as we wrap up the episode.
As you can see – this is an episode that is packed with content and thought ticklers. I can’t wait to hear your reaction.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why success is not only about creating great content but it’s also about creating content that creates revenue for your agency either in the form of sponsorships, new clients, or other opportunities.
- How your agency can create your own Trojan Horse of Sales to open doors with your Nano 25 prospects, have a different kind of conversation than what most agencies are having with prospects, and all without your prospect ever feeling like they were a prospect.
- How to spotlight the wisdom and insights you collect from your Nano 25 and share that knowledge with your audience – and what happens when you do.
- A specific script you can use for a phone call with your Nano 25 to move the business development process forward.
- Why it’s important to plant your flag in firm ground using a channel agnostic content strategy.
- How monetizing your content extends much further than just attracting new clients sponsorships, speaking engagements, or books.
- How “Voice” has become a fast-tracking trend that will be a cultural norm within a year or two.
- How strategy and content creation for voice controlled devices like Amazon Echo and Google Home represent opportunities for agencies to jump in and help clients make sense of it all.
- How to restructure website content pages to make them more voice search friendly.
- Why the agencies that understand how to produce content around their point-of-view that then becomes the search result for voice activated search are going to have a huge advantage over competitors.
The Golden Nuggets:“Having a Trojan Horse of Sales running inside your agency is an ideal way to ensure you will earn an at bat with your top prospects.” - @stephenwoessner Click To Tweet “The key to having a successful Trojan Horse of Sales strategy for your agency is setting up a system where you can sit down and interview your top prospects to learn about their business without it feeling like a sales call.” - @stephenwoessner Click To Tweet “Instead of asking your prospects for something – give them an opportunity to put a spotlight on their business, and on themselves...that’s the Trojan Horse of Sales hard at work.” - @stephenwoessner Click To Tweet “What if you went to one of your clients and said ‘In 18-months, all of the marketing we’re producing for your brand will become self-funded because of the monetization strategy we put into place.’ Could be a game changer for your agency.” -… Click To Tweet “Developing a strategy for voice, experimenting with skills for @AmazonEcho, and creating content optimized for voice search, are some of the ways agencies can help their clients win over the next 24-months.” - @stephenwoessner Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Stephen Woessner:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!