Episode 3: Increasing your New Business Odds, with Peter Levitan.
Peter Levitan builds successful brands, digital technologies, publishing and advertising environments, and highly effective marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies. He has 30 years of experience running Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising Worldwide, his own Portland Agency, and as the CEO of two Internet start-ups.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The major mistakes agencies make in regards to bringing on new business
- How to create distinction using your website and the reason most agency websites aren’t attractive to clients
- The ways agencies are doing sales wrong and what can be done about it
- Specialization vs. generalization: how to specialize and still have fun
- The kind of research Peter’s agency does that helps them look better than their competition
- Why you should stop using the term “full-service” if you want to position your agency against your competition
- They ways many agencies and agency owners are failing when it comes to their content
The Golden Nugget:“Using the term ‘full-service’ doesn't allow you to be competitive.” – @PeterLevitan Click To Tweet
Click to tweet: Peter Levitan shares the inside knowledge needed to run an agency on Build a Better Agency!
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Recommended books and resources:
Websites (not his):
Books (not his):
- Seth Godin’s books
- Poke the Box
- All Marketers Are Liars
- We Are All Weird: The Rise of Tribes and the End of Normal
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
Ways to Contact Peter: