Most agency owners would put attorneys in the cost column. Until they get into legal trouble. Then, they quickly realize how much they could have ultimately saved if they’d been a little more proactive and worked with an attorney before they got into hot water. But with the right attorney who specializes in agencies and understands our world, you can navigate common legal obstacles while saving hundreds of thousands of dollars.
My guest is AMI’s go to attorney, Sharon Toerek. Sharon’s depth of expertise in our world makes her an invaluable resource for agencies who have any sort of legal issue that they’re either trying to proactively resolve or when they’re in a jam.
She speaks our language and has spent the last fifteen years carving out her niche. In this episode of Build a Better Agency, Sharon Toerek joins us again to share her expertise and walk us through the new research project that she and her law firm put together, looking at common legal snags that get agencies into trouble.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- The most prevalent legal issues that agency owners are currently facing
- How to approach client contract negotiations from a legal perspective
- How to overcome the legal challenges of working with freelancers
- How to protect your agency from copyright and trademark issues
- How to move out of the anxious and afraid category by finding an agency attorney you trust
- Why putting foundational processes in place can make a substantial difference in the way you handle legal issues in your agency
- How the pandemic will change language in contracts
- The most worrisome part of Sharon’s research findings