Some of the most significant innovations have been born out of the most challenging hardships, and agency innovations are no different. For the past two years, agency owners have been through the wringer. Some of you have even wondered if it’s time to shut your doors and move on to something different. You’re all. Just. Exhausted.
I often use the analogy that your agency is a ship, and you are the captain. It’s your responsibility to make sure that the ship doesn’t sink. For the past 24 months, this meant finding shelter and waiting out the storm. But we must rethink that analogy for the new times we’re finding ourselves in. With pandemic days easing up, I’m now telling you it’s time to head back into open waters.
While things haven’t completely settled down yet, this is our time to shine. We’ve spent the past two years adapting, changing the game plan, and moving through a figurative storm of hardship. But that has primed us for greatness and equipped us to move forward into a new renaissance of ideas and agency innovation. It’s time to relinquish control, take new risks, and see that these hard times have made you and your agency stronger and ready for brand new ventures.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- I made a mistake in overemphasizing the importance of finding a safe harbor to get us through the pandemic. We need to rethink this.
- Where your focus should be turning now to drive your agency innovations
- Why control and leading with a type-A personality was suitable for the pandemic but might not be as supportive now
- Why creativity and agency innovation is so important right at this moment
- How taking risks will push your agency forward into the new era
- What past tragedies and renaissances can teach us about where we’re heading in the future
- That your only choice as an agency owner right now is to leave safe harbor no matter whether you’re ready to close up shop or move forward as an agency
- The questions you should be asking yourself as an agency owner to be a renaissance leader
Ways to contact Drew McLellan:
- Website: https://agencymanagementinstitute.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/drewmclellan
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrewMcLellan
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agencymanagementinstitute