Drew McLellan is the Top Dog at Agency Management Institute. For the past 21 years, he has also owned and operated his own agency. Drew’s unique vantage point as being both an active agency owner and working with 250+ small- to mid-size agencies throughout the year, give him a unique perspective on running an agency today.
AMI works with agency owners by:
- Leading agency owner peer groups
- Offering workshops for owners and their leadership teams
- Offering AE bootcamps
- Conducting individual agency owner coaching
- Doing on-site consulting
- Offering online courses in agency new business and account service
Because he works with those 250+ agencies every year — he has the unique opportunity to see the patterns and the habits (both good and bad) that happen over and over again. He has also written two books and been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Fortune Small Business. The Wall Street Journal called his blog “One of 10 blogs every entrepreneur should read.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why I absolutely believe Jim Rohn’s famous adage that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with
- Why you should go back and take a look at the one page life plan I outlined in episode 10
- Spending time with the people who inspire you to commit to excellence in every aspect of your life
- Spending time with the people you learn from that challenge you to think in different ways
- Spending time with people that you can teach
- Hanging out with people who see you more clearly than you see yourself
- Spending time with people who will call you out when you need to be called out
- Having people in your life that make you push harder than you would on your own
- Spending time with the people that fill you with joy
The Golden Nugget:“You need to spend time with people who inspire and challenge you.” – @DrewMcLellan Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Drew McLellan:
- Email: [email protected]
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!