Gareth Kay is a strategist by trade. He’s co-founder of Chapter, a creative business partner dedicated to solving the wicked problems facing pioneering businesses. Prior to setting up Chapter, Gareth was Chief Strategy Officer and Partner at Goodby, Silverstein and Partners and the Head of Planning at Modernista! In his decade in the US, Gareth has led strategy on brands including Google, Cisco, TD Ameritrade, the NBA, General Motors, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. and (RED).
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Gareth’s decision to venture off and start Chapter
- What makes Chapter truly unique
- How to build a business model and hire employees when the work you do is very diverse
- Becoming a client’s partner through absolute transparency
- How to generate new business when you’re in the project based business
- Creating ideas and solutions vs creating “stuff”
- How Chapter develops and retains its staff
- The importance of transparency with your employees
- How Gareth’s perspective has changed since making the jump into ownership
- Things agencies can do to move away from widget sales to selling ideas and problem solving
The Golden Nugget:“The biggest mistake is to try to have every skill set under your roof.” – @garethk Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Gareth Kay:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!