Most agency owners hope to sell their agency someday down the road. If that’s you, understanding how agencies are evaluated today will help you maximize that opportunity whenever it comes. Even if you aren’t interested in selling, you can and should still be beefing up your agency’s value.
Gina Cocking joins us for this episode to provide an investment banker’s perspective on the valuation and sales process. She’ll walk us through the key items investment firms look for in your agency’s valuation and explain the technical numbers-side. She’ll also help us identify ways you can add value in advance.
Gina is managing director and partner at Colonnade Advisors, a boutique investment banking firm that specializes in mergers and acquisitions in the business services industry. Colonnade has helped many agencies buy and sell, so Gina understands what it takes to help agency owners get the most out of their purchase deals.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here: https://www.whitelabeliq.com/ami/
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- A glimpse inside the process of selling your agency
- How Colonnade Advisors represents business owners selling their companies
- The importance of enterprise value, recurring revenue, and client relationships when you sell your agency
- How your key employees factor into a purchase deal
- The various elements that increase or diminish an agency’s value in the marketplace
- How to approach the numbers-side of selling your agency