It’s an age-old adage – books are a three-dimensional business card. In today’s vernacular (from the book Sell With Authority) a book is an excellent example of cornerstone content. Many agency owners I know are curious about how to become a successful author but have decided they’ll never have the time or space to actually write that book. Josh Steimle has helped many clients recognize that they actually can get that book written and it doesn’t have to take years or be a painful experience.
Josh is an agency owner and former guest (Episode #182). As his agency (MWI) matured and his partners were running the day-to-day operations, Josh decided to explain what it takes to become a book author to grow their businesses just like he had done for his agency.
During our conversation, Josh explains how agency owners can write a book that demonstrates their expertise and allows them to step into their authority position. He then breaks down the book writing process to make it faster, less cumbersome, and very doable for the busy agency owner who wants to learn how to become a successful author.
This is the episode for you if you’d like to add the title “author” to your list of accomplishments. Josh busts many myths and helps the listeners chart a course to getting that first draft done!
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- If you decide to go with a different keyword, make sure to have the keyword listed in at least one bullet point in bold.
- How to write a book and use it as cornerstone content
- Why a book is a strong way to tie your thought leadership and content creation efforts together
- How to become a successful author so you can build your agency’s position of authority.
- How Josh helps business owners navigate the book writing process
- Why being an author and having a book escalates your agency’s growth and creates new opportunities
- How being an author can actually shorten your sales cycle
- Different ways you can use storytelling techniques to write a business book
- How to organize the content/expertise you already have into an outline for your book
Ways to contact Josh Steimle:
- Website: https://www.mwi.com/
- Website: https://www.joshsteimle.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuasteimle/
- Book: https://amzn.to/2Es5rmI
- Executive Summary
- Money Matters Live Workshop
- Build and Nurture Your Agency’s Sales Funnel Live Workshop
- Sell with Authority (buy Drew’s book)
- Facebook Group for the Build a Better Agency Podcast