Drew McLellan is the Top Dog at Agency Management Institute. He has also owned and operated his own agency over the last 20-years. And all through the year, he straddles the fence of working in his agency and working with 250+ small- to mid-size agencies in a variety of ways.
AMI works with agency owners:
- By leading agency owner peer groups
- Offers workshops for owners and their leadership teams
- Offers AE bootcamps
- Conducts individual agency owner coaching
- Does on site consulting.
Because he works with a lot of agencies every year — he has the unique opportunity to see the patterns and the habits (both good and bad) that happen over and over again. He has also written two books and been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Fortune Small Business. The Wall Street Journal called his blog “One of 10 blogs every entrepreneur should read.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Stale employees: how to recognize them and why they’re holding your agency back
- Can these employees be saved? It’s a firm maybe.
- How to have the necessary conversation with stale employees — you owe them honesty
- The kinds of goals to set to see measurable change and growth before determining their place inside your agency
- The costs to you as an agency owner for working with stale employees to up their game
- How to recognize if you really do have to let the employee go
- How to make a decision while realizing that you aren’t the only person it affects
The Golden Nugget:“Stale employees are literally taking money out of your family’s pocket.” – @DrewMcLellan Click To Tweet
Click to tweet: Drew McLellan shares the inside knowledge needed to run an agency on Build a Better Agency!
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Drew McLellan:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!