Jason Blumer is the Chief Innovative Officer of his firm, Blumer & Associates, CPAs. The firm was one of the first to move from a traditional office to a virtual environment, where they serve digital, marketing, and design agencies. He focuses heavily on business coaching and consulting, while his team meets the technical and compliance needs of the customer.
Jason also founded the Thriveal CPA Network in 2010 as a way to help CPA firm owners connect. Since that time, Thriveal has helped many firms grow by providing an online community, coaching services, webinars, and live events.
Jason is the host of two podcasts, the Thrivecast for the CPA community and The Businessology Show for the creative community. He speaks and writes frequently for CPAs and design agencies, his firm’s chosen niche. He has been honored as one of the 40 under 40 in the profession (CPA Practice Advisor) as well as one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting (Accounting Today). Jason loves to watch documentaries on just about anything and is working on his personal bests in Crossfit several times a week. He lives in Greenville, SC with his wife and their three daughters.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Jason and his team got into the agency niche
- Mistakes agencies and agency owners make regularly
- Why going virtual doesn’t automatically save your agency money
- How to legally save your agency money in taxes in ways that make sense for your agency
- Employment benefit plans which benefit agency owners
- P&L and AGI numbers to know
- Why you shouldn’t be struggling to make payroll if you have a strong value proposition
- Why being a successful creative director doesn’t mean you should open your own agency
- Why you need to be willing to sacrifice services, clients, and your team
- How to know whether the metrics that you’re tracking are worth tracking
- Things most if not all agencies should track
- Why you should outsource your accounting
- Jason’s recommended resources
The Golden Nugget:“If you’re struggling to make payroll, your value proposition is broken.” – @JasonMBlumer Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Jason Blumer:
- Podcast: www.businessology.biz
- Website: www.jasonblumer.com
- Website: www.blumercpas.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jasonblumer
- Twitter: @jasonmblumer
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!