Jeremy Knight spent 20 years as a B2B publisher creating publications for the private equity and fast growth business sectors. With digital technology, the Internet, and social web Jeremy believed making clients the publisher in a new media age was not just a good idea, it was the foundation for building a business. After all, building an audience was a better proposition than renting a list or leveraging third party routes to market, right? He launched Equinet Media in January 2009.
Discovering HubSpot in 2011 was a game changer. The blending of a content marketing play with an inbound methodology propelled the business forward as everything we did for clients had measurable outcomes. Today Equinet is an Inbound Agency, working specifically for the manufacturing and professional services sectors, operating on the EOS system and delivering services through an agile scrum process.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Jeremy’s transition from publisher to agency owner and the challenges he faced in that transition
- How Hubspot changed the game for Equinet — even when it was far less powerful in 2011 than it is today
- Why CMOs are going to lead revenue and why sales and marketing are two halves of the same whole
- Hiring for attitude and training for aptitude instead of hiring based on skills alone
- Why you need to focus on developing different skills in all your team member when you keep all the work inside your agency and never outsource anything
- Why your team needs to have access to and understanding of the tools inside a tool like Hubspot, even if using them is not part of their day-to-day job
- What Agile is and how its point-based system works
- Learning how to implement Agile into your agency so that it matches up with inbound
- Why Agile doesn’t work the same for every agency and why you need to be ready to customize it
- Using Agile to figure out what works needs to be done to achieve the best results
- Why Jeremy uses two sets of points within Agile — one for the value it provides a customer and another for the effort it takes his team
The Golden Nugget:“When done well, inbound is about responding to what’s actually happening, not what you planned to happen.” – @TheJeremyKnight Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Jeremy Knight:
- Website: www.equinetmedia.com
- Twitter: @TheJeremyKnight
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jeremyknight
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!