Joe Calloway has been speaking to business audiences for about 30 years. He’s written seven books, including the just released “Keep It Simple.” He has served as the first Executive In Residence for Belmont University’s Center For Entrepreneurship, and he invests in and advises start-up companies, including Gilson Boards, a snowboard manufacturing company. Joe is an active investor in a real estate development group with current projects in Louisville, Nashville, and Chattanooga. He lives in Nashville with his wife, Annette, and our daughters, Jessica, and Cate.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Joe wrote “Keep It Simple” and how it’s different from his other books
- What all effective leaders have in common
- What your vision/mission statement should sound like
- Why you need to follow Warren Buffett’s advice and say no to almost everything
- The Gold Standard: doing what you say you will do, the way you said you will do it, when you said you would do it
- Why you have to set the example inside your business
- Why you can’t get stuck doing what used to work
- Being better tomorrow than you are today
- Why you need to be so good at the basics that you are cutting edge
- Why you need to work on the relationships with everyone you work with
- Being your authentic self and believing in yourself
- Why — whatever happens — that’s normal
- Improving upon your strengths
- Why your success is dictated by your culture
- Why you need to get clear on the three things you need to get right
The Golden Nugget:“No company is any better than the standards they set internally.” – @joecalloway Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Joe Calloway:
- Website: joecalloway.com
- New book: “Keep It Simple: Unclutter Your Mind to Uncomplicate Your Life”
- All books: joecalloway.com/books
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!