Joe Kashurba started a freelance web design business when he was in high school and grew it into a digital agency with a world-class team and clients around the world. He went from building $300 websites to building $30,000 websites and managing 6-figure digital advertising budgets for some of the largest manufacturing and construction companies.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Joe’s agency that started when he was in high school
- Why you’ll never get consistent clients without consistent marketing
- Selling results instead of technology and why prospects respond better to that approach
- How to know whether it’s better to have in-house employees or an outsourced team in any given area in digital
- Evaluating digital partners that offer services that you understand but don’t know how to do
- Using analog marketing tactics when you have time but not money to devote to your marketing
- Why it’s hard to scale when you try to be everything to everyone
- The cost of offering complex services
- How Joe manages his completely virtual team
- The differences between selling products and services
- Clearly defining what you offer in a package to prevent scope creep
- What to do to get caught up on digital trends if you feel you’re really far behind (and how to stay ahead if you’re on top of it)
The Golden Nugget:“It’s really hard to scale when you try to be everything to everyone.” – Joe Kashurba Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Joe Kashurba:
- Website: joekashurba.com
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!