John Jantsch is a marketing consultant, speaker, and author of “Duct Tape Marketing,” “Duct Tape Selling,” “The Commitment Engine,” and “The Referral Engine.” He is also the founder of the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. His latest book, “SEO for Growth – The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers, and Entrepreneurs,” is changing the way the world thinks about SEO.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The big changes SEO has undergone recently
- Why you need to re-engineer a client’s editorial approach when you’re assisting them with an existing website
- Some of John’s favorite web/SEO tools
- Why content and SEO can’t be thought of as two different things
- Big mistakes people make with SEO
- How to charge for SEO and demonstrate ROI
- How John uses an editorial calendar to plan and write all of his content
- Why you need content built for every stage of the customer journey
- Why SEO is all about consistency
- Why backlinks are still important in 2017 and how to do them right without getting penalized
- Resources that John recommends to grow your digital know-how
The Golden Nugget:“It’s easy to drive traffic to a website. Driving the right traffic, that’s where SEO comes in.” – @ducttape Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact John Jantsch:
- Book: “SEO for Growth: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs”
- Website: www.ducttapemarketing.com
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!