John Warrillow is the author of books “Built to Sell” and “The Automatic Customer” and founder of The Value Builder System™ where advisors help company owners increase the value of their business. Previously, he founded Warrillow & Co., a subscription-based research business dedicated to helping Fortune 500 companies market to small business owners. A sought-after speaker and popular Inc.com columnist, John lives in Toronto.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- John’s book “Built to Sell”
- The very easy path for agencies to follow that make it extremely hard to sell
- What services look like that make an agency sellable
- Why you can’t confuse the doing with owning a business
- When is it time to say no to business?
- What to do after you sell your agency
- Things to avoid when exiting your agency
- Services agencies can offer on a subscription model
- Standardizing a process and giving that process or product a specific name
- Why you shouldn’t surround yourself with journeymen agency employees
- How to assess how sellable your agency is and what can be done to make your agency more sellable
The Golden Nugget:“Name it. Claim it. That’s when you get that point of differentiation.” – @JohnWarrillow Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact John Warrillow:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!