Karl Sakas served as the #2 man in a couple different digital agencies before he created the Marketing Agencies community at Inbound.org, which has over 1,000 agencies in 48 countries. As president of Sakas and Company, Karl advises agencies worldwide about strategy, operations, and leadership.
He also volunteers as a bartender on a 1930’s railroad car. He has recently published a book entitled, “The In Demand Marketing Agency: How to Use Public Speaking to Become an Agency of Choice.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Karl launched Sakas and Company
- High-growth agencies vs. lifestyle agencies
- How agency owners can do what they love without getting sucked into the day-to-day client work
- How to turn a high-growth agency into an asset that can actually be sold
- Things that get in the way of the growth and scaling of agencies and how to fix them
- Karl’s Time Bucket Template for improving time management
- How agency owners looking to sell their agency should spend their time
- Action steps agency owners can take to put these theories into practice
The Golden Nugget:“Time management is less about what you do and more about what you do next.” – @KarlSakas Click To Tweet
Click to tweet: Karl Sakas shares the inside knowledge needed to run an agency on Build a Better Agency!
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Recommended books and resources
- The In-Demand Marketing Agency: How to Use Public Speaking to Become an Agency of Choice
- Karl’s Time Bucket Template
- Don’t Just Make the Logo Bigger: Taking Clients from Painful to Profitable
- Don’t Be the Shoemaker: And 11 Other Easy-to-Implement Ideas to Improve Your Agency
- Escape Plan: Your Guide to Finally Getting Out of the Office
- Website: www.sakasandcompany.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @karlsakas and @sakasandco
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!