Maybe things run smooth as silk at your agency. I know that’s what I hope for in mine. It’s more likely to happen on a Saturday or Sunday! One of the ways that we all try to evoke that sense of efficiency and calm is by creating processes that systemize and manage work flow.
Not that many agencies do this (if anything, we are system adverse, not system advocates) you can take it too far. There’s a fine line between creativity and process. But if things can run more smoothly and free you and your team up to do more interesting things like coming up with bigger, more valuable solutions for your clients, then the payoff is worth the challenge of getting it in place.
If you remember my solocast where we talked about being a wonder bread factory versus an artesian baker, that’s part of what I talked about. How much uniformity and what kinds of boundaries do you want to put around your business?
There’s no right or wrong answer – just a right or wrong answer for you.
That’s what I wanted to talk to Michael Koral about, because he’s lived it. Michael started out with a more traditional agency that was primarily a web dev shop with some ancillary services. Their work was very labor and people-intensive. He and his partners decided to make an interesting pivot. They decided to leverage the power of artificial intelligence, data and numbers around advertising on Facebook and Instagram – to get people the best results possible and now they run a very different kind of agency.
Michael is an operations guy, with some fantastic ideas on process and automation –he naturally knows how to get more done, more simply. His company, Needls, helps businesses advertise effectively on Facebook and Instagram, so I am going to pick his brain about what they’ve learned in that arena as well.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- How the right processes and automation can help you scale your business
- There are lots of right ways to do things
- Why taking time to document and develop processes makes for a better agency
- What to know about Facebook advertising post-Cambridge Analytica
- Click vs. Reach – what you should optimize for
- Why you NEED to optimize for mobile
- Best ways to capture attention with video
- Between Facebook and Instagram, where people are watching longer video content
- Why you should put closed captioning on videos
- How and why to track your ads
The Golden Nuggets:“You can’t do everything yourself. If you want to scale your business, you have to start trusting people.” – @michael_needls Click To Tweet “As long as you have a place to house all these processes, you can iterate on them. And if your team knows where to go and to follow the process, then it makes change a lot easier to manage.” – @michael_needls Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Michael Koral:
- Website: http://www.needls.com/
- Instagram: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-koral-01bb159/