Peter Shankman is a spectacular example of what happens when you merge the power of pure creativity with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and a dose of adventure, all to make it work to your advantage. The New York Times has called him “a public relations all-star who knows everything about new media and then some,” while Investor’s Business Daily has labeled him “crazy, but effective.”
He founded Help A Reporter Out (HARO) in 2010 from his apartment before selling it to Vocus. Peter is the also founder of ShankMinds: Business Masterminds, a series of small business entrepreneurial-style masterminds in over 25 cities worldwide. Additionally, Peter is also the founder and CEO of The Geek Factory, Inc., a boutique Social Media, Marketing and PR Strategy firm located in New York City, with clients worldwide.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Innovation through exploration
- Why you need to hold your ground with clients and force them to trust your expertise
- How to get your customers to tell your story for you
- Peter’s book “Zombie Loyalists”
- Peter’s company The Geek Factory
- How agencies can make customer service attractive for their clients
- Why rewarding someone for being your 10,000th follower is an insult to the rest of your followers
- Why everything you create has to have value for someone
- How to create invested customers with the way you respond through email
- How Peter carves out time in his schedule for everything
- Peter’s preferred methods for professional development
- What Peter’s agency of the future would look like
- How Peter helped his employees with professional development
- The things that get in the way of corporations hearing their customers
- Things agencies can do right now to implement the ideas from this episode
The Golden Nugget:“Airplane mode is not just for airplanes.” – @petershankman Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Peter Shankman:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!