Ryan Meo has worked with hundreds of agencies and built thousands of websites over the years. About 10 years ago he started a company called Sitetology which turned into TheWebsiteProject.org and has been recently re-branded to ScaleSquad.com. They are a private label website services outsource solution for freelancers, small agencies, and even big agencies. They have helped more agencies than they can count go from trying to do everything on their own, to having a dependable, scalable, and affordable solution.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Ryan started selling websites — even though he didn’t know how to build them
- Taking a custom service like web design and making it scalable
- Why you have to prevent scope creep by being firm with clients on what their deliverables are (or by moving them up to a higher package)
- How Ryan is able to charge a low, flat rate for his websites and why he puts a lot of focus on what isn’t included in those packages
- Why you shouldn’t turn away customers who can’t afford your bespoke services
- Why agencies make a big mistake by talking too much in the initial call with a prospect
- Building a strong relationship with an outsourced web-dev shop like Ryan’s
- Why your project manager makes or breaks your agency
- The importance of over-communication
- How to mitigate unrealistic expectations
- What the ideal agency looks like for Ryan
The Golden Nugget:“The only way to scale a service-based business is by learning how to say ‘no’ appropriately.” – Ryan Meo Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Ryan:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!