Successful business development strategies are always a hot topic when I’m talking with agency owners. That was true before the pandemic, so you can imagine how often we’re talking about it now! Business development for agencies has made a 180 over the past decade. Have you changed the way you sell to keep current?
Greg Jacobs is the head of Strategic Partnerships at Schiefer Chop Shop, an Irvine-based brand transformation agency where he developed a unique recipe for successful business development strategies. He also led NASCAR’s unscripted content division and served as Head (SVP) of Monetization at Red Bull & Red Bull Media House. As you might imagine, with that background, he comes at prospecting for his agency in a very different way.
During our conversation, Greg walks us through his approach to creating successful business development strategies and offers up some suggestions for agency owners who are looking to hire a salesperson for their shop. It’s never too late to re-tool your own biz dev strategies and this episode is sure to point you in the right direction.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- Greg’s approach to building successful business development strategies and how agency owners can use it in their own niches
- Greg’s transition from content creation to biz dev
- How Greg mediates between biz dev and content creation teams
- How to attract and retain the right biz dev talent
- What Greg does to differentiate his agency and make it stand out from the crowd
- How content plays a role in Greg’s biz dev efforts today
- How newcomers can be successful in an agency biz dev role
Ways to contact Greg Jacobs:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregoryscottjacobs/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/schieferchopshop/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wearescs
- Twitter: @GregoryJacobs
- Twitter: @wearescs_