Susan Baier began her career as a brand manager for companies like Dial and Conoco-Philips. She also worked agency side and within client companies in their research departments, honing her skills as a research professional.
Recognizing that primary research was often too expensive for small to mid-sized agencies, she launched Audience Audit, where she conducts quantitative attitudinal audience segmented research. She helps her agency clients develop marketing strategy for their clients based on customer insights. They find it much easier to develop messaging, strategic plans, and business development plans with real data that helps them understand how customers who look (demographically) the same behave in very different ways and what motives those choices and behaviors.
Over the past few years, AMI and Audience Audit have partnered together for studies on how business owners find agencies, their attitudes towards working with agencies, and more.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Our 2016 Agency Workforce Report
- What made our 2016 research different from other research projects we’ve done in the past
- How we crunched our data
- The three types of agency employees that we found in our research: agency advocates, prosperity partners, and “millennial mindset” (and why the majority of millennials don’t fall in the “millennial mindset” group)
- What your agency can do to have less “millennial mindset” employees than average
- Why the opportunity to learn and grow is the most important thing to all employees (especially millennials)
- How to give your employees ways to learn and grow that don’t break the bank
- Why your employees have to be willing to come back from training and events ready to teach the rest of your agency
- Why treating your employees fairly does not mean treating them equally
- Why making agency advocates happy is easy (and how to cultivate them into the agency leaders of tomorrow)
- Why you have to help prosperity partners develop their own brand
- Why you should avoid using the word millennials
The Golden Nugget:“Agencies need to think about employee attitude, not employee age.” – @susanbaier Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to Contact Susan Baier:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!