Drew McLellan is the Top Dog at Agency Management Institute. For the past 21 years, he has also owned and operated his own agency. Drew’s unique vantage point as being both an active agency owner and working with 250+ small- to mid-size agencies throughout the year, give him a unique perspective on running an agency today.
AMI works with agency owners by:
- Leading agency owner peer groups
- Offering workshops for owners and their leadership teams
- Offering AE bootcamps
- Conducting individual agency owner coaching
- Doing on-site consulting
- Offering online courses in agency new business and account service
Because he works with those 250+ agencies every year — he has the unique opportunity to see the patterns and the habits (both good and bad) that happen over and over again. He has also written two books and been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Fortune Small Business. The Wall Street Journal called his blog “One of 10 blogs every entrepreneur should read.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why agency owners are confident again and why new business is easier to come by right now
- The trend where talent inside agencies has become a scarce resource
- What to do about having to hire underskilled employees
- The challenge of providing clients with the right data
- Having an answer when clients ask agencies about diversity
- Opportunities for agencies with old school media
- Why you have to be great at marketing automation
The Golden Nugget:“Part of today's reality is adding an education plan to the employee onboarding process.” – @DrewMcLellan Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Drew McLellan:
- Email: [email protected]
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!