Before Trent Dyrsmid started a digital agency called Groove, he founded Dyrand Systems, a managed IT service provider that was recognized twice as one of Canada’s PROFIT Magazine’s 100 fastest growing companies. During his 8 years as CEO, Trent was fortunate to have been recognized as one of the Top 40 under 40 business people in Vancouver, B.C.
In addition to overseeing Groove, Trent is also the host of the Bright Ideas podcast, where he regularly publishes interviews with some of today’s brightest entrepreneurs.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Trent’s journey into entrepreneurship, leaving to become an employee, and his return to being his own boss
- Why Trent created Bright Ideas and Groove Digital Marketing
- The importance of creating a business that works within a niche
- Generating leads through a lead magnet
- Why you should be targeting leads on Facebook
- How to make your agency more valuable by creating systems and getting out of the client work
- What’s next for agency owners that have successfully built the systems that allow them to take a step away from their agency
- Action steps for putting in place the topics discussed in this episode
The Golden Nugget:“If as the CEO you're doing client execution, you're the biggest bottleneck.” – @TrentDyrsmid Click To Tweet
Click to tweet: Trent Dyrsmid shares the inside knowledge needed to run an agency on Build a Better Agency!
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Trent Dyrsmid Recommends:
- E-myth by Michael Gerber
- A Stake in the Outcome by Jack Stack
- Bright Ideas interviews Brian Clark: www.brightideas.co/145
Contact Trent Dyrsmid:
- Website: www.brightideas.co
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!