Drew McLellan is the Top Dog at Agency Management Institute. For the past 21 years, he has also owned and operated his own agency. Drew’s unique vantage point as being both an active agency owner and working with 250+ small- to mid-size agencies throughout the year, give him a unique perspective on running an agency today.
AMI works with agency owners by:
- Leading agency owner peer groups
- Offering workshops for owners and their leadership teams
- Offering AE bootcamps
- Conducting individual agency owner coaching
- Doing on-site consulting
- Offering online courses in agency new business and account service
Because he works with those 250+ agencies every year — he has the unique opportunity to see the patterns and the habits (both good and bad) that happen over and over again. He has also written two books and been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Fortune Small Business. The Wall Street Journal called his blog “One of 10 blogs every entrepreneur should read.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why the speed of change is the new normal and why you have to embrace that
- How what agencies sell has changed from the Mad Men days to today
- Why you need to tie marketing, sales, and customer service together to be a great agency in 2016
- Why data analysis is more important than it ever has been
- Leads, sales, and retention: why you need to focus on these at a much higher level if you want to keep charging a premium price
- The importance of making real time decisions and adapting based on data
- Why we need to work with clients who may be resistant to experimentation
- How to assess if your agency is up to par on these ideas, and what to do about it if the answer is no
The Golden Nugget:“How do you reinvent your agency to be thinking the way your clients need?” – @DrewMcLellan Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Build A Better Agency!
Ways to contact Drew McLellan:
- Email: [email protected]
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!