As marketers we understand the power and influence of a brand. We know that every buying decision we make is based on emotion. This helps explain why some brands garner a cult-like fan base. They understand the power of their emotional triggers. As agencies, we should be brilliant at discerning and leveraging a brand’s specific emotional triggers. But sometimes it’s difficult to help a client see the value in what can appear a bit ethereal. But what if there was a tool to help you validate what you know about your clients’ (or your) brand?
Today’s guest has turned the science of emotion into a tangible tool. Brian Gregory comes from a long publishing and advertising background. He has studied the core emotional triggers that lead to a specific brand’s buying decisions and is using this insight to help agencies and their clients build a better business and ROI.
In this episode of Build a Better Agency, Brian and I discuss the principles of emotion-based buying, including examples of how it has been used successfully by well-known brands. We also talk about the formula that all good marketing follows, what the big brands fear small businesses will figure out, and why it’s important to have an emotional emphasis in all your marketing communication.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- The science of emotion buying marketing
- An introduction to Admanity, an online tool that defines which of the primal emotions can be best utilized by your clients and your agency
- How to use the knowledge of emotion buying triggers to increase sales
- How advertising follows a formula
- The importance of understanding how emotions are related when it comes to marketing communication
- How businesses and agencies get advertising wrong
- What the big brands fear small businesses will figure out
- Why this is the perfect time for small-to-midsize agencies and brands to embrace the power of emotion buying
- How an agency can use emotion buying concepts to sell a client on a new campaign
Ways to contact Brian Gregory:
- Website: https://admanity.com
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/brian-gregory-bb58731a2/
- Twitter: @theadmanity