If you’re not new to the podcast or AMI, you know that I am a proponent of agencies differentiating themselves by finding a niche where they can develop a depth of expertise or a position of authority. It’s one of the core messages in the book I co-wrote with Stephen Woessner, Sell with Authority. Which makes Brent Weaver a kindred spirit! Brent Weaver shares our philosophy of niching down, and he joins me to talk about what he believes it takes to become an authority.
Brent is a former agency owner and now focuses on helping business leaders finding their niche. He currently serves as the founder and CEO of UGURUS, a business training and education company dedicated to helping business owners achieve freedom by owning their markets. His work focuses on helping clients overcome their dependence on referrals and word-of-mouth through developing thought leadership. If you didn’t get a chance to meet him during our previous conversation, check out Episode #66 where he explains how to turn a profit doing web dev.
In this episode of Build a Better Agency, Brent provides valuable insights about finding your niche. He shares his own experience on niching down so you understand what it takes to become the dominant player in a specific market segment, even in times of crisis. Learn how to find your market, own your market, and, as a result, scale your business.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- The framework of Brent’s book, “Get Rich in the Deep End”
- How finding your niche and serving that audience will make everything in your business easier
- The difference between having a lot of clients in a niche vs. being an authority
- Why niching down will enable your agency to thrive in good times and bad
- How to find time to market your business amidst your chaotic schedule
- What type of content is central to developing a position of authority
- The correlation between niching and scaling a business
- How niching goes beyond marketing
Ways to contact Brent Weaver:
- Book: https://ownyourmarket.com/pre-order
- Website: https://ugurus.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brentweaver/
- Twitter: @u_gurus